Rear-End Impact Accidents
As soon as you have been injured in a rear-end car accident in Denver and the surrounding areas in Colorado, it is very important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you recover just compensation for any injuries, damages or losses you sustained. According to the Colorado Revised Statutes § 13-80-101, the injured party only has a short period of time they can file a lawsuit against the negligent party for the injuries they sustained in a personal injury accident. Also known as a statute of limitations or SOL, this time period is limited to three years in Colorado for any injuries sustained in an accident involving a motor vehicle.
A rear-end crash can occur when a negligent driver runs into the back of your vehicle because they were distracted, driving too fast, driving recklessly or not paying attention while driving. Insurance companies will often dispute the injuries an individual suffered from a rear-end impact accident; therefore, it is very important to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you receive full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Denver Rear End Impact Crash Lawyer
Contact the Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson today at (303) 458-5000 for a consultation about your rear-end impact accident throughout Denver and the surrounding areas of Boulder, Longmont, Lakewood, Arvada, Aurora, Thornton, Westminster, Centennial and Littleton. Attorney Jennifer L. Donaldson is experienced in representing individuals injured in a rear-end car accident throughout Colorado and will make every effort to help you achieve just compensation in your particular situation. Call the Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson for a consultation about your rear end impact car accident today.
Rear End Crashes in Denver
Rear-end crashes are often caused as a result of one or more drivers' negligence. Some of the most common ways a driver can negligently cause a rear-end impact car crash can include:
- The driver failed to pay attention while driving;
- The driver was distracted while driving, such as from the radio, eating while driving or from other passengers;
- The driver failed to obey road or traffic signs;
- The driver was driving recklessly;
- The driver fell asleep while driving;
- The driver was speeding;
- The driver was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving; and/or
- The driver was talking or texting on their cell phone.
Denver Rear End Impact Lawsuits
After you consult with a Denver car accident attorney, they will help you file a lawsuit against the negligent driver if you are unable to reach a settlement, or the at-fault driver or insurance company refused to pay for all or part of the injuries you sustained from the rear-end accident. For example, after a rear-end impact collision, many insurance companies often refuse to pay for:
- Loss of job,
- Medical bills,
- Non-economic damages,
- Pain and suffering, and/or
- Time away from work.
If you have been entirely or partially denied payment for any of the losses you sustained from your side-impact car accident, it is important to immediately contact an experienced personal injury attorney who may be able to help you receive just compensation for your injuries.
It is important to know that when your attorney files a negligence claim on your behalf for the injuries you suffered as a result of rear-impact crash, they must prove the at-fault driver was negligent by a preponderance of the evidence. A “preponderance of the evidence” is a burden of proof your attorney must establish in order for you to receive compensation your injuries. This burden is satisfied if the evidence in your case weighs slightly more in your favor than it does not.
Damages for Rear Impact Crashes in Denver
You are legally allowed to seek reimbursement for your expenses and injuries from the negligent party if you were injured in a rear impact car accident in Denver, as the at-fault party is financially responsible for all of your accident-related injuries, damages and losses.
Although you will likely have to pay for your medical treatment up front, you will eventually be reimbursed for your medical expenses when your case is settled. Additionally, your car insurance may have medical payments coverage that will cover your medical costs. Once the limits for this type of coverage have been reached, you should submit your medical bills to your health insurance provider. If you do not have health insurance, the Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson can contact a doctor of your choice to determine if they will provide care for you on a lien basis. This means the medical bills will be held by the doctor and later paid out of the settlement proceeds you receive.
Under Colorado law, an injured party may be able to recover various types of damages for injuries related to a rear impact car accident, such as:
- Economic Damages – These damages compensate the injured party for any financial losses they have suffered or will suffer in the future as a result of the rear-impact car accident, which may include, loss of income, diminished earning capacity, medical and rehabilitation expenses, and any other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Noneconomic Damages – These damages compensate the injured party for losses they have suffered as a result of the rear-impact car accident, such as mental anguish and emotional stress, physical pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, inconvenience, and/or impairment of normal lifestyle. Colorado law currently limits the maximum allowable amount of noneconomic damages allowed to $500,000.
- Physical Impairment and Disfigurement – This element of damages compensates the injured party for permanent scars, disfigurement or physical injuries they may have received as a result of the rear-end impact crash. This element of damages is not limited by the cap on noneconomic stated above.
Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson | Rear End Impact Crash Attorney in Denver
Contact the Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson today for a consultation about your rear end impact crash claim in Denver County and the surrounding areas of Boulder County, Jefferson County, Adams County and Arapahoe County. Jennifer Donaldson is an experienced Denver car crash lawyer who will listen to the facts of your particular situation and make every effort to help you recover full and fair compensation for your injuries. Contact the Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson at (303) 458-5000 for a consultation about your rear-end impact car crash in Denver today.