Negligent Building Design/Repair/Construction
The potential for sustaining an injury in a building due to design or repair negligence is something very few individuals think about until the unthinkable occurs. Living or working in an unsafe environment, be it your house, apartment or office building, brings with it the increased possibility injury. Oftentimes we are not aware of the negligent design or poor maintenance of the buildings we are in. We trust that the building designers, construction companies, and repair companies have completed their jobs competently. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and their oversight can lead to serious injury or worse to a building occupant.
If you or a family member was involved in an accident that stemmed from what you believe to be unsatisfactory design or repair, you may be eligible for compensation to address your medical and financial burden. Negligent building design or repair claims are a means by which to hold design and construction professionals accountable whose negligence results in major financial loss, injury or death. Liable parties may include architects, builders, structural engineers, manufacturers, contractors and subcontractors.
Denver Negligent Building Design Attorney
Companies that design and build offices, condominiums, stores and residential homes are expected to create a safe environment for the building's inhabitants or visitors. An injury due to negligent design or repair is something that nobody should have to endure. Working with a skilled Colorado personal injury attorney during this difficult time can help you identify those at fault and hold the party accountable for the losses you have sustained.
The Denver personal injury lawyer Jennifer L. Donaldson has represented individuals and their family members in a variety of complex cases against construction and design companies. Jennifer Donaldson has 24 years of experience serving the Denver community as a strong legal advocate. Her experience and proactive approach towards building a strong case can be an asset for you during this stressful time.
Call (303) 458-5000 or send an online message to schedule a free and confidential consultation to review the details of your case personally with attorney Jennifer Donaldson. The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson proudly represents individuals who have been injured due to negligent building design or repair in the cities of Denver, Aurora, Littleton, Centennial, Thornton and Arvada, among many others.
Examples of Negligent Building Design in Denver
A person can be injured from negligent building design in countless ways. Some of the more common examples of faulty building design include:
- Use of substandard or incorrect surveys;
- Failure to properly review project progress reports;
- Violation of contractual obligation to perform with care, skillfulness, reasonable expedience and faithfulness;
- Use of inadequate or defective building materials such as foundation concrete, siding, dry wall, insulation, electrical, plumbing or roofing supplies
- Failure of architects to properly supervise projects;
- Negligence with regard to inspections and the use of data gathered from inspections in new construction and/or renovation projects;
- Violations of Colorado building codes;
- Defective or poor design leading to water leakage, cracked walls or foundation, and other structural failures;
- Failure to suitably review drawings; and/or
- Failure to detect design or construction defects which may cause injury.
Types of Damages in Colorado
The types of damages you may be eligible to receive if you were injured through negligent building design or repair, may be a mixture of economic and/or non-economic damages.
- Economic Damages – These damages compensate the injured party for any actual or financial loss they may have suffered from the negligent design or construction defect. Economic damages are commonly known as compensatory damages and do not include non-economic damages or punitive damages.
- Non-Economic Damages – These damages compensate the injured party for any non-financial loss they may have suffered due to the negligent design, such as physical pain and suffering, mental or emotional pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. The amount of non-economic damages allowed in Colorado is currently limited to a maximum of $500,000.
- Physical Impairment and Disfigurement – These damages are intended to compensate the injured party for permanent physical injuries, scars or disfigurement they may have sustained as a result of the premises liability accident. This element of damages is not limited by the caps on noneconomic damages outlined above.
The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson | Denver Negligent Building Repair Lawyer
The unfortunate reality is that every building in Colorado is susceptible to the possibility of negligent design or repair issues. With this lack of safe construction brings increased chances for someone to sustain injury without notice. This can be in part due to many factors, including broken stairs, unsafe or missing guardrails, faulty drainage and falling ceiling tiles, among others.
If you have been seriously injured in what you believe is a issue of negligent design or repair, then working with a capable Denver personal injury lawyer can help alleviate some of the pain and suffering incurred. This is done by working to hold the offending parties responsible and requiring them to pay damages sustained.
Call (303) 458-5000 to schedule a free and confidential consultation with Jennifer Donaldson today. The Law Office of Jennifer L. Donaldson proudly represents individuals in and around Denver County, Boulder County, Jefferson County, Adams County and Arapahoe County.